Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bonus Hours

At any moment the quiet will be shattered. The dogs will bark and feet will stomp through the door. But, I'll tell you what - I don't care. I have spent the last 3 1/2 hours as bonus hours. Wahoo!!! I had the house to myself when I normally wouldn't have.
Don't get me wrong. Irregardless of how I made the last entry sound, my life is not bad. But I do so love not having to be the nerve center of the house.
I am made very happy this evening by the fact that my husband is with our son at an activity our son really enjoys. I love the fact that my husband has taken him because it is a big deal for him to not be watching the TV and this is a distinctly Catholic thing that my Methodist husband is doing. It is a father/son/father activity in that it is dads and sons hanging out with a priest. Bill pretty much dislikes these evenings, but is doing it anyway - so it is a big deal. He was not raised to put himself aside for the better good, but is there so doing. For the last two or three years, Scott has said he wants to be a priest. So, Catholic geek that he is, he loves to do anything connected to the Church. Going to a seminary and praying the office, then playing dodge ball, followed by pizza and maybe hearing a seminarian talk about his vocation - that's good livin' in my boys world and I feel so lucky that is how he is!
There it is - the barking has begun. Gotta go. Peace.
Oh, I almost forgot to add this - and imagine, I am the household nerve center (scattered memory & all --- lol) - I offer the following pray for vocations in thanksgiving for this nice evening:
Mary, humble servant of God Most High,the Son to whom you gave birth has made you the servant of humanity.
Your life was a humble and generous service.
You were servant of the Word when the angel announced to you the divine plan of salvation.
You were servant of the Son, giving him life and remaining open to his mystery.
You were servant of Redemption, standing courageously at the foot of the Cross, close to the Suffering Servant and Lamb,who was sacrificing himself for love of us.
You were servant of the Church on the day of Pentecost and with your intercession you continue to generate her in every believer, even in these, our difficult and troubled times.
Let the young people of the third millennium look to you, young daughter of Israel,who have known the agitation of a young heart when faced with the plan of the Eternal God.
Make them able to accept the invitation of your Son to give their lives wholly for the glory of God.
Make them understand that to serve God satisfies the heart,and that only in the service of God and of His kingdom do we realize ourselves in accordance with the divine plan, and life becomes a hymn of glory to the Most Holy Trinity.
Amen.
Prayer written by Pope John Paul II for World Day of Prayer for Vocations, 11 May 2003

No comments: