Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Left in Thought

Saw a young teenage girl wearing a t-shirt that said "Abortion is Homicide" this evening.
My first reaction was that it was cool to see such a direct statement roaming the aisles of Walmart - I half thought of approaching her and telling her that I appreciate her boldness. I then began to wonder about her - wonder why she was wearing the shirt; wonder from where her conviction came; wonder about the depth of her conviction; wonder if it was worn more as a way for a teen to get in society's face than to educate or save lives; wonder if her family discusses such subjects; wonder if anyone had ever approached her about what the t-shirt said. As I wondered, during the time that I could have directly approached her, she, her mother and her sister turned down an aisle that removed them from my sight.
Now I wonder how many others she and her shirt left in thought. Peace.

No comments: