Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Cathedral

I stopped in at St. Pat's today. The renovations really highlight our Lord. Ugh. That sounds stupid. I know that sounds stupid, but that is what it does. And that is probably why photographs of the renovation have been none too thrilling. I mean... how many photographs show how something gives glory to God? How does a photograph show emphasis? The art work is still the same artwork (for the most part) - but it bolder, brighter, more there. I've looked at this church bit by bit before, but so much more of it stood out today. Before, individual elements faded together into a nice church. Now, they come together to bear witness our Lord and His Church.
And for those interested in the salvation of their soul -
Yeah, like I can hear someone saying, "Interested in the salvation of my soul? Ho, ho - not me." Okay, maybe a mentally ill devil worshiper, but you know what I mean.
Anyway, there is a plenary indulgence associated with a pilgrimage to Saint Patrick's Cathedral, located at 212 State St. (this portion of State Street is immediately in front of the Pennsylvania State Capital) in Harrisburg, during its centennial year celebration. So give yourself a treat - and sometime off from purgatory - by visiting between March 17, 2007 and March 17, 2008. Just be sure to fulfill the usual conditions required to receive an indulgence. Peace.

No comments: