Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Early End to the Day

Yesterday ended much earlier than I could have imagined. I laid down to read shortly after my son came home from school. Before I did so, I asked him to let me sleep if I fell asleep. Well, I did fall asleep and didn't get up again for 9 1/2 hours. And that was just for a quick potty trip - right back to bed afterward. I guess it was a good thing that Sunday night I had let Bill and Scott know that we were having leftover vegetable soup for dinner last night.
I might have wondered if, at some level, I had wanted to sleep like that - I don't normally talk about a meal three meals before its time, but I did on Sunday and I don't pray a particular prayer until sometime near midnight, but I did in the afternoon - except I would think I would have made my blog entry for the day before laying down if I had an idea I wouldn't be getting up in the same day. Sooooo... I didn't blog yesterday. No great loss for humanity, but it means that I blew the Lenten task by so doing. I'm not going to focus on that though. Instead, I'm just going to see it as behind me and know that I will continue to try to do a daily entry (plus, at some point, I'll do an extra entry to right it numerically).
"He who brings thanksgiving as his sacrifice honors me; to him who orders his way aright I will show the salvation of God!" (Psalms 50:23), is part of today's scripture readings and that makes me mindful of the fact that I need to bring thanksgiving to God. God knows everything about us and our lives - good, bad and neutral. Although I'm sure that God is gratified when we realize that we need to take a better path in life, it must be even better for Him to hear thanks for what we have that allows us to move to a better life path. So, even though I didn't blog yesterday, I thank the Lord for the rest that I obviously needed and that allowed me to focus upon writing this entry. Peace.

No comments: