Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Snippets

I have come to the conclusion that I am a miserable blogger. I sit down to blog and end up searching the net for a topic to blog about. I really don't have anything pressing to share.
My life is a matter of snippets -
Chrism Mass is coming up next Monday
Meeting with teachers on Tuesday
Husband agrees that we need a car, yet won't actively car shop
PG-13 movies, on the whole, are not for 11 year olds
Politics of fertility aren't explored
Read a comment on a site by a woman who said she couldn't do NFP because she doesn't have a regular cycle. Said that she would like to be completely faithful to the Church but just can't do NFP. A paragraph later she noted that she and he husband are so open to life that they went through fertility shots to have their two children! She is so Catholic that they used artificial fertility treatment --- arghhhh!
Wondering how I might get extra palms on Palm Sunday to try to weave a craft
Loved the weather we had today! Actually had son wear shorts to school today. It was quite warm even before he left for school.
http://www.dappledthings.org/submit.html is a link for info about submitting to a Catholic magazine looking for authors and photographers who are at least freshmen in college but not older than 35. I believe they are also having a competition for High Schoolers. Take a look.
When I first looked at the need for submissions I thought that would be an opportunity for me to find a focus and actually produce my first piece in 14 years. Hmmmpphhh! Age-ists! 35 -- what an arbitrary number. Harrmpphhhh!!! Especially when they aren't paying - lol. Goodnight one and all. Peace.

No comments: