Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Biting dullness?

A mention to a trip to Las Vegas was made in an e-mail today. I don't know for sure, but it seems like there may be a trip in the makings for all the female in my husband's family. I know that they are including me out of kindness, but I can't picture myself in that town. Nothing about it is appealing to me, and the nature of the town repulses me.
I started writing on this subject because I was going to tell of imagined humorous scenes of me in different distinctly Vegas situations. Prostitutes, casual nudity, free booze, gambling, and low budget buffets - satirical comic fodder. It just isn't coming to me though. So much that could have been turned into snide comments is just too dark or sad to jest about.
I'm saying that in the broad sense. I used to enjoy having fun at the expense of others as long as it didn't cost them. I used to think that as long as someone didn't know that they were the butt of a joke that it was okay to use them in such a manner. What did it matter if I wasn't hurting them? No harm, no foul.
Has life squeezed the humor out of me or have I developed a greater awareness of the dignity that ought to be afforded man? Hmmm...
Maybe its just menopause. Peace.

No comments: